Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pros and Cons

This week I've got lots of pros and cons to face. On Tuesday I will be heading to girls camp with our local church. I'm looking forward to spending time with these wonderful girls and leaders. However the two things that I'm not looking forward to is the meals that I won't be preparing myself and the lack of sleep and exercise I won't be able to get. The things I have control over is what I put in my mouth! I won't be eating all the candies that I know are going to be up there. I will do my darndest to keep within my caloric intake. To help with this I am bringing apples and oranges for my sweet treats. I don't think drinking will be an issue, I know there will be plenty of water. I was thinking of getting some sugar free hot cocoa to take, But I may just skip that cause of the extra calories it will give me. Yes, I will skip that.

The other night, at dinner with friends, we were celebrating in part my birthday. The waiter brought some fried ice cream...oh man was that a temptation. At first I just pushed it right over to Kenny, my husband, he knows I'm not eating sugars now. I found myself eyeing it intensely, I did get a small spoonful for myself and was really thinking about putting it in my mouth! I over came and didn't! I knew that I needed to show myself and others that even though it's a temptation and you really want it, you don't have to give in! I'm glad I didn't throw all my hard work away. I will continue to over come those temptations this week at girls camp. I think that by maybe others can see that they can put down the spoon too.

I know that when I get back from camp that I will need to double my exercises. Right now I have been getting about 30 min to an hour depending on the day of some sort of workout. I've found that I have really enjoyed Jillian Michaels "No more Trouble Zones" workout. I like it because it works all those trouble areas and it's not major cardio like jumping jacks and jump roping (except for in the warm up). I love feeling the sore muscles in those areas and know that my body is and can change. I just know that with as small as I am and in order to kick some but with this competition I will need to increase my activity. Burning the fat that's there is the only way to achieve my goals. I've also been hiking a few times that's good cause it's cardio with working out the legs. I just don't always have the time to go. I want to take advantage of a special at a local gym where it's only 10$ for the next 3 summer months. However, I find myself too lazy to get out of, or not go back to sleep. This one I blame on my husband, but that's another excuse I need to over come.

So you can see by committing myself to not give in to those sweets and breads that I can overcome all the pros and cons this week and in life. I'll let you know how it went next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment